Saturday, February 28, 2015

March Makeup Tray Mixup: Spring/Summer 2015 Trends Part 1

I like to browse through what is happening in the runways even though most of the time I don't follow it. While many trends are repetitive, there are times when I see something new and would like to try it out.

There are some trends I would like to try hence why I picked this theme for March. There's also the added benefit that I don't have to think about a theme this month.

For reference sake, I am using the Harpers Bazaar's list of Spring 2015 trends which you could check here.


  • Fine Line- Using liquid liner to form a nice crisp line is on trend right now. This month, I am using my Physician Formula Eye Booster in black and my Lord and Berry Black Silk mini kajal kohl-liner to tight line.
  • Flaming Lips-deep berry lips and red lips in particular are popular. Usually we see then on trend during the fall but my fall-colored self welcome this trend on the spring. I'm using Nyx Soft Matte lip cream in Amsterdam, Maybelline Baby Lips in Grape Vine, Clinique almost lipstick in Black Honey and Maybelline Color Whisper in Berry Ready.

  • Brown eyed girls-We're talking about brown eye shadows whether they are on the bronze side or the taupe side. I happen to have a brown eyeshadow as part of my Finish 5 by Cinco de Mayo so I'm using Nyx single eyeshadow in Latte Foam.

  • Purple haze-hazy purple eyeshadow instead of heavy smoky eye for spring nights. I would really like to try this trend in a night out. I don't have a single purple eyeshadow so I am using the purple side of my L'oreal duo in Electrified as well as Toasted and Hustle in my Urband Decay  Naked palette.

No comments:

Post a Comment