Saturday, January 31, 2015

February 2015 Monthly Makeup Tray Mixup: Pink

I'll say this right now, I don't like pink. Pink doesn't agree with my deep fall colouring and I don't like pink because it doesn't agree with me. I try to wear as little pink as possible. I got rid of a lot of my pink clothes and gave away a lot of my pink makeup.

So why then am I choosing "Pink" as my theme this month?

One reason, Valentines day.

 In my mind, it is the only acceptable time to wear pink even though it clashes with my coloring. I am using it as an excuse to use as many pink products as possible.
Face:
  • Super + Beblish Balm-I know that the product itself is not pink, but the packaging is pink and it needs to go. 
  • ELF complexion perfection-I use this everyday, but I really want to focus on the pink side this month.
  • Covergirl Blush in Rose Silk-This is a bit peachy but it is still mostly pink. It needs to go.
  • Nyx blush in Angel-This is in my Finish 5 By Cinco de Mayo so that's one more reason to use this blush up.
Eyes:
  • Wet n Wild trio in Sweet as Candy-I only bust this eyeshadows out during February. 
  • Urban Decay eyeshadow in Toasted and Hustle-These aren't exactly pink eye shadows. They are both purplish but that is reason enough for me to avoid it. I want to use this month to wear eye shadows.
Lips:
  •  Bite Beauty lipgloss in Popsugar- this lipgloss is actually very sheer but it is still pink and it's a lipgloss. I don't like lipglosses. 
  • Nyx Megashine lipgloss in Cosmos- This is a bit more purpley than pink but it still stopped me from using it regularly.
  • Nyx Megashine lipgloss in Beige-I haven't even opened it yet and with the other lip products I want to use this month, I don't think I would use it.
  • Nyx Matte  lip cream in Addis Ababa- I hate this lip color. I tried getting rid of it but nobody wants it.
Yes, this is a very pessimistic post, but I really want to use up all these products. Here's seeing a few pans and finishing a few products!

No comments:

Post a Comment