Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Tag: How much does your face cost?



So I found this "How much does you face cost?" beauty tag and I thought that it would be fun to do. In this tag you add up everything you use on your face. 95 % of the makeup I bought, I bought on sale so I will give  both the retail price and the sale price I paid.

I will not be including my skin care because my skin care routine is doctor prescribed.





Face:
  • Jouer luminizing tinted moisturizer with SPF 20  
    • Retail: $38 dollars here 
    •  Paid: Nothing. Got it from my mom who worked at a beauty distribution warehouse one summer. All "defected" items were given away hence I have two tubes of these bad boys for free.
  • Skin  79 Pink Super+ Beblish Balm 
  • E.L.F. Contouring blush and Bronzing Powder in St. Lucia.  
  • E.L.F. all over color stick (depoted) 
    • Retail: $1 in Target or E.L.F. website
    • Paid $1
Eyes:
  • Urban Decay Primer in Eden 
    • Retail: $20.00 in Sephora, Urban Decay website and Ulta.
    • Paid: Approx  $ 9.00  (it was discounted at Nordstorm Rack when Urban Decay was switching to the tubes)
  • Wet n Wild eyeshadw trio in Sweet as Candy 
    • Retail: $ 2.99 in drugstore
    • Paid: $ 1.25 (BOGO 50% and two dollar off coupons)
  • Revlon Eyelash curler
    • Retail: $5.99 here
    • Paid: Free, my mom gave it to me when I first started on makeup.
  • Covergirl Lashblast volume in Very Black
    • Retail: $8.79 in drugstores like this one
    • Paid: $5.60 (BOGO 50% plus two $1 off coupon)
  • Physician Formula Felt Time Eye Marker
    • Retail: 6.99 in drugstore or here
    • Paid: $.99 (I got it during CVS's get 6 extrabucks if you buy any Physician Formula product $7 or more sale almost a year ago)
  • Maybelline Color Tattoo in Tough as Taupe
Lips:
  • Revlon Colorburst Lipstick
    • Retail: $7.99 at the time. You could buy it at Amazon now because apparently Revlon discontinued the line.
    • Paid: Approx $ 3.00 (Every few months there is a massive sale on Revlon lip products and that is when I stock up)
  • Revlon Colorburst Lipbutter
    • Retail: $7.49 in drugstore and drugstore.com
    • Paid: Approx $3.00 (same case as above)

Total Retail: $124.23
(approximate) Total Paid: 47.09

There is a pretty good chance that I actually paid less because I rarely buy anything on just BOGO 50% off sale. Out of all the sales on drugstore, BOGO 50% is the worst. I am sure that there are CVS Extrabucks and Rite Aid rewards included in the mix but it would just make calculating the price even more confusing.

I'm really surprised at the total retail price of everything I bought but I am happy that I avoided paying a good chunk of it.

There is also the sheer amount of products I put on everyday.  My fingers are starting to ache from all these typing.. I guess if I am not doing the 75 empties I would be using less products but oh well. At least I know I am using the the things I put my money on.

Bye :)

2 comments:

  1. wow $47.09 that is really good! I would be too scared to do a post like this lol

    ReplyDelete