Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Radiant Light Review

Like a sucker, I bought the Hourglass Ambient lighting powder. Part of me was curious, why is everybody gushing about it? Especially Wayne Goss from Gossmakeupartist.




I bought this product knowing that it is a finishing powder. I did not bought it by any means to set my foundation. I also know that the powders look better on lighter skin tones so I picked out the "Radiant Light"-the darkest shade they have. It seemed to most natural color to me.

These are the reasons why I picked up the product.
  1. I want the glowing look everyone seems to have.
  2. I like the idea of a powder that blurs my imperfections. 
  3. I really wanted to try if higher end powders work better than drugstore one.
That being said, I first tried this powder after I finished setting my face with Rimmel London Stay Matte powder. I also added all the other products on my face and found that my face is just too powdery afterwards. I even sprayed MAC's fix plus but it did nothing for me.

It did not give me that glowing look I was looking for.

I tried to skip my setting powder and use the Hourglass ambient lighting powder to set my face and to finish off after putting on my blush and more. I noticed that the powder gives off the same finish as my foundation which was nice but unfortunately it makes for a poor setting powder. 

It does blurs my imperfection and my face looks clearer. My pores looked non-existent and some of my acne scars looked lighter.  I still need to cover it up with a concealer. I almost didn't want to return the product, almost. 

Overall I think that this is a nice product. But I can't justify the price tag even though I got it while on sale. This thing is worth a textbook and it just simply has too little of an effect for my liking. 

Bottom Line: It's a nice product on its own. It blurs imperfection and lightens acne scars very slightly. However it could look a little too powdery after all the other products are applied. It doesn't give me that glowing look everyone seems to have. Personally, the price tag does not justify the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment