Saturday, May 10, 2014

May Makeup Tray Mix-up: High End Products

I decided to bring out the "Makeup Tray Mix-up" (aka MTMU) to give me some focus on which products to use.

For new comers, here is how it works. I select a theme every month and I would pick a couple of products that fit that theme. I would focus on using up those product for that month. 

This month, I pick  the theme "High End Products". May is my birthday month so I decided to use nothing but the best in my makeup collection to celebrate.


Eyes:
  •  Urban Decay Naked Palette- This is the most expensive palette I own. On that note, I am so happy that I bought this palette back when it only cost $50 because now it costs $54. They've been increasing the price by $2 every year. 
  • Urban Decay Velvet Eyeliner in Black Velvet- This is the eyeliner I received from my April ipsy bag.  I usually wear black eyeliner everyday but this is my only high end black eyeliner I own.
  • Em Cosmetics Waterliner in Bronze Kiss- I never really play with this product a whole lot because it's so close to my skin tone. I would like to use it more though. 
  • Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade in Chocolate-You guys have no idea the lengths I went through to look for this product. I even paid full price, which is very rare for me. I heard great things from this product so let's see how it works. 
Lips:
  • Mac Satin Lipstick in Amorous-This is a nice dark mauve lipstick that works as my My Lips But Better lipstick. It is the only Mac lipstick I own and I'm pretty happy with it so far.
  • Tarte Maracuja Divine Shine Lipgloss in blissful- This is a peach gloss I'm not really excited about.
  • Tarte Maracuja Divine Shine Lipgloss in blushing bride- This is a nice everyday lip gloss for me. It slightly even outs my lips.
Face:
  • Clinique Even Better makeup in Deep Neutral-This is the cheapest foundation I was matched with and it's doing okay for me so far. It might be a bit redder than I like but I could mix it with one of my more yellow foundations.
  • Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed-This is my one and only Tarte Amazonian Clay blush and it works well on my during the winter months where I'm a little lighter. Let's see how it works for my more tan spring/summer skin.
  • Hourglass Veil Mineral primer- I feel like I'm avoiding this product because it's so luxurious so let's change that shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment