Thursday, April 24, 2014

Sephora Haul 2014

So I'm kind of ashamed with my haul. This is the most money I ever spent on Sephora at one time and my justification is that I made this haul during Sephora's chic week where beauty insiders could shop Sephra for 15% off.

On top of that I recently found out about studentrate.com which works like ebates. By shopping through this site, students could get rebates for the things they shop. It's very similar to ebates but studentrate offers 10% rebate for shopping at Sephora year-round while ebates would give you 4%-8% max for sephora.

I calculated how much money I saved  and concluded that I saved 21% by shopping through studentrate while on chic week.




Now enough about sales and rebates, let's get back to the haul:


  1. Murad Clarifying Body Spray- I have a confession, I have horrible body acne. I tried using the normal acne stuff for the face. It's on sale, it has a lot of good reviews so why not?
  2. Hourglass Ambient Lightine Powder in Radiant Light- Yeah, I bit the bullet on this one. I really want to try it out. Besides, if it doesn't work out I could always return it.
  3. Lancome Lip Lover in 338 Rose Des Cygnes- This is a nice neutral gloss (?). I swatched it in the store and I immediately fell in love so I got it.
  4. Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer in Medium/Deep Matte- I have a round face. That's why I contour almost everyday. I also know that bronzers are very tricky to pull off, way trickier than blush. I asked help from the Sephora lady and together we swatched five different bronzers before settling on the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer. It's a cool toned bronzer that helps me create shadows for contour. It's also dark enough for my skin tone.
  5. Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation in Tan Sand- I got my skin color matched back in November and this foundation is one of the matches I got back. I remembered how Essie from Essiebutton. While this is not the cheapest foundation from my skin tone at that time, it is the cheapest one among the foundation formulas I am willing to put on my face.
  6. Lancome Rouge in Love in 275M Jolie Rosalie - This is a nice, everyday lipstick. 
  7. Lancome Rouge in Love in 181N Rouge Saint Honore- This is a nice deep red that works well with my skin tone I could apply for night out or when I want to spice things up (cheesy line, I know)
  8. Clinique Even Better Makeup in Deep Natural- I bought this foundation simply because it is a color match for me using Sephora's skin matching system. Also out of the several options they gave me, this is the cheapest one.

No comments:

Post a Comment