Saturday, April 12, 2014

April 2014 Ipsy Bag

I got a subscription to ipsy for the next two months. If you guys don't know, ipsy is a $10/month beauty subscription service created by Michelle Phan. Who is Michelle Phan? Well, she's the most subscribed beauty guru in youtube who now heads a beauty empire. She's kind of awesome.

A friend of mine says that her looks are not really good and I could see how other beauty gurus might have better tutorials but I still admire her. She created the company ipsy, her own makeup line and she blogs. If anything, I appreciate hard work.

Anyway, here's  inside this month's music festival inspired ipsy bag called "Beauty Rocks"



As you could see, this bag has a  vinyl record which is keeping up with the theme.

This month, they added an  invitation invitation to this year's Generation Beauty event hosted by ipsy. This year, it's going to be from May 31-June 1 at LA Live.

What's inside:
  • Travel-sized Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Pencil in Black Velvet. (est. value is $15. buy full size at Urban Decay)
  • Kiss looks so natural lashes ($3.99 at beauty online supply)
  • Cover FX mattifying primer ($16 at Sephora)
  • City Color White Gold Shadow and Highlight Mousse ($3.99 at City Color Website)
  • Cailyn tinted lipbalm in Apple Pink ($19 at Cailyn Cosmetics)
The Break down:
Cost: $10/ month
Worth: $57.98

That's a 82.75% savings. It's pretty close to what I usually save by couponing but I couldn't get some of these specific products on the drugstore. Urban Decay and Cover FX are not coupon-able.

Another plus is that I could make a complete everyday look with this bag. I just need to add a foundation and/or concealer. I'll try to make multiple looks using this bag for my next post.

Thanks for reading,


No comments:

Post a Comment