Friday, November 29, 2013

1 year Makeup Purchase Ban Anniversary Reflection.

It has been 1 year since I bought a makeup product. I know I started my Project 75 Pan less than a year ago but this November 29, 2013 is the day I made my last makeup purchase which was a Tarte maracuja divine shine lip gloss duo I bought from Hautelook.



I have to admit that I have bought makeup since then, but it is mostly for my best friend in the Philippines. She asked for the Revlon kissable lip crayons because she couldn't get her hands on them there.

In light of Hurricane Haiyan, I have to pause for a minute and say that she is perfectly alright. She lives in Rizal, Luzon which is north from the destruction zone. She experienced rain and she didn't mention any heavy winds.

 So yeah... I abstained on buying makeup for myself but I bought some things for my friends and some of them even give me a few lipsticks for my birthdays. BTW, Thank you Michelle for the Color Whispers, I reach for them more than some of my other lipsticks. Also, thanks for the Urban Decay Basics Palette for Secret Santa last year.

If you can't tell, my friend Michelle and I bonded over makeup.

Another factor that helps me from going insane is that I have a bunch of unopened makeup products I kept hidden as backups. Whenever I am itching to mix up my makeup routine, I just take a bunch of things from my stash and add it into my collection unopened. There's something about seeing adding a few things in your collection that makes me think that refreshes your makeup collection even though I left it unopened.

The reason why I left it unopened is because I'm afraid of expiration dates. I want to use up a significant chunk of my collection before they expire and I think it would be easier to do so if I don't have a huge stack of products to use at one time.

Over the past few months I have been throwing away products that don't work for me. Someone on Makeuptalk suggested that I count products that didn't work for me and I already threw away a bunch of products... well that's a missed opportunity right there. I still have a bunch of things that don't work for me.

Confession Time:
I could see myself breaking my Project 75 Pan sometime soon. I know I have been faithful  with this project for a year now. One of my rules is that I could buy 5 products for every 25 products I finished and so far I only finished 15. I still need to use up 10 products before I could buy anything new.

While I'm perfectly willing to not buy anything until I use up 10 more product, I'm going to New York for New Years. It's going to be my first time in New York and my family is planning to see the ball drop.

I'm looking forward to go sightseeing, to try out the food there and to go shopping for I <3 NY T-shirts.  A bunch of makeup companies also have their flagship stores there like ELF, Inglot and now Michelle Phan's makeup brand Em. It would be a shame to go all the way to New York and not check out those stores.

I honestly don't know if I am going to break my Project Pan while I'm in New York but I'm already preparing by using up as many product as possible before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment