Friday, June 7, 2013

Cleaning out the Closet

One of my summer goals this year is to get rid of all the unnecessary things in my closet. After reading the "Letting Go" Chapter in Dr. Baumgartner's book You Are What You Wear, I went through my closet and pulled out clothes I haven't worn in a few years and I don't see myself wearing in the future



I ended up filling a paper bag of these clothes.
My old clothes
Add caption
I am torn between showing it all to you guys a la pinksofoxy style but you won't see these clothes anyway so what's the point?

While sorting though my clothes I simply asked myself a few questions.
  • Is this piece in mint condition?
  • Would I be able to fix it?
  • Does it fit nicely?
  • Have I worn this in the past 2 years?
  • Would I wear this piece in the next 2 years? In a realistic setting, that is. 
If the answer for any of these questions are no, then it is time for that piece of clothing to find another home.

Now I have more space in my closet and I even made a list of things I want to add to my wardrobe.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment