Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Trader Joe's Chocolate Chip Brownie and Oat's Bar

I have been trying to loose some weight these past couple of months. From previous experience I learned that denying yourself chocolate and some chips is disastrous. You end up craving them and when you finally reach the desired weight you would indulge yourself at every opportunity.

This time would be different as I would be looking for healthy alternatives to chips instead of denying myself.  Sure, I could subscribe to some subscription service but I do not want to get hooked on a product that turns out to be unavailable in my area.

My very first find is this Trader Joe's Chocolate Chip Brownie and Oat Bars.


This lovely bar is a rich chocolate brownie with some chocolate chips baked into it and some white chocolate drizzled on top. The brownie is soft and chewy, not at all dry or what you expect from a pre-packaged brownie.

The packaging said that there is oats in this bar but quite frankly I don't taste it because the chocolate is so rich.

Trust me, this is no Hershey's bar by any means. It has a deeper chocolate flavor and it is not as sweet as your run of the mill Hershey's bar. It's definitely more of a "grown up" chocolate bar... er... brownie.

So what makes this bar better than all the other brownie bars in the market?

Fooducate graded this bar a B+ rating which you can read more about here.

Some highlights however are:
  1. It has 5 grams of fiber, and that's more than 20% of your daily requirement. 
  2. Only 120 calories per bar. 
  3. It does have 11 grams of sugar though.
Buy this at your local Trader Joe's. Seriously, it's only $2 for a box that has 6 bars in it.

Update!!!: Okay so I bought 2 more boxes of these brownies and for some reason they are dryer  than my first batch. WTH? I hope that this is just a fluke. I will buy two more boxes and if they are as dry as my last two, then I think I will buy something else instead. 

Disclaimer: Product(s) mentioned above was bought using my own money. No company came up to me and asked to make this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment