Saturday, May 18, 2013

Birthday Adventure:Roscoes Chicken and Waffles and Little Tokyo

All this week I woke up early in the morning and ran at least two miles because I knew that today would be a major cheat day.

And, oh boy, did I stuff myself with naughty food. While I started the day off with a glass of water, a banana and a 4 km run, I hopped the metro red line to Hollywood and Vine to eat at Roscoes house of chicken and waffles.

Yep, I started my birthday off  with greasy soul food. As you can tell, this is a major cheat day for me.



To be fair though, this is the first time I ever went to Roscoes so I was looking forward to it. That's why I took pictures of my food like a tourist.

 I ordered Obama's Special which is a waffle and three thighs. It was okay, a bit too greasy for my taste though. Five months ago however, I would have been not bothered by the chicken's greasiness.
 After eating at Roscoes, I went to Little Tokyo for the first time and the first thing that attracted my attention in the Japanese Village was the... macaron shop 'lette. What can I say? I love my French pastries. I especially love french pastries made by Japanese people.

Just look at this display:
 What's more is look at the details on these macarons:
Their salted caramel: much better than Napoleon's BTW.

Their mango flavored macaron; look at the gradation and it tastes amazing too!
 I also went to a couple of shops there, paying close attention to their cosmetics store because... I have an obsession with beauty.

My mouth almost salivated when I saw all these Asian cosmetics and skincare products. While I saw some things that I want I only bought six packs of Asian face masks because I heard that they are good. I hope that they are because I am going to need some help removing all the toxins in my skin.

To top my greasy adventure off, I had my very first real Japanese ramen in a little hole in the wall restaurant. The waitress is a cute Japanese old lady who I wish would be my grandmother.

As for the ramen? It was okay but I bet that there are better ramens in Japan.
Now it's 9:30 in the evening and I only have 2 and a half hours left of my birthday. I plan to do some extensive skin care, try out one of my new Asian face packs, watch some Doctor Who and maybe do some homework.
Disclaimer: No company came up to me to make any reviews. All products mentioned are bought using my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment