Friday, May 3, 2013

Youtube made me do it Tag part 1

Okay so I found this tag on youtube called "Youtube made me do it tag" or lately it has been labeled "The Youtube Enabler: Who made me do it? tag"

I thought that it would be a fun tag to do so let me show you who made me buy all these products...


Absolutely everyone on youtube is the reason for 90% of my makeup collection. Before watching youtube makeup videos I was not that interested in makeup.

There are a few specific people who I could "blame" however.

Urban Decay Naked Palette:
Interestingly, it was a fashion youtuber who finally made me buy this product.

This product is on you Jenn Im. I saw her makeup tutorial, the only one in her channel, and I wanted to get this product just to recreate it.

After getting this product though, I haven't had the chance to use it that much. It's probably the guilt of spending a ton of money on eye shadows. Instead I've been using my drugstore palettes.

I did use it for Christmas and I loved the eye look. I think a part of my brain put this palette in the "special occasions only" category and I really should change that.

Physician Formula Organic Wear Jumbo Mascara:
I never even heard of this product before until Tati the glam life guru started raving about it last year.

So far I haven't even opened this product yet. Mascara expiration dates scares me therefore I never open a mascara tube until I finished a tube with the exception of colored mascaras.






Physician Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder in Translucent

Wow that is a long title. Anyway, I blame this on Emily, from the Beauty Broadcast. 

It must have been over a year ago when she dubbed this product as the best drugstore highlighter for her annual Emily Awards. I was in  the market for a good highlighter and there was a sale on Physician Formula products, so why not?

I have been using this everyday lately and I have to tell you, I could not wait to use up the small pink heart on the palette. I have true gold undertones and the pink heart does not agree with my skin tone. I might write a more in depth review later on.


Now I am going to do a 2 for 1. I blame these two products on you Jen from frmheadtotoe.

Revlon Colorburst Lipbutter in Tutti Frutti. 
So last year the color of the year was Tangerine Tango and as a result Jen made a Tangerine Tango Makeup Tutorial. Which results to me wanting to buy the Tutti Frutti Lip Butter.

I used this product several times already. In fact this product was featured in my Peachy-Neutral Spring Look post which is admittedly a more toned down version of Jen's look.

I love using this product everyday because it's an easy way to add color on your face for spring. 


Another product I blame on Jen is Tarte's Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Exposed. I don't even
remember which video I watched but I knew she was the reason I bought this blush.

Now, I'm going to say something controversial but I rarely ever use this blush. I have three reasons for this.

One was that for a while I liked the bold blush look but that changed this year.

Another reason was that I don't have the right tools to apply it. For some reason my brain tells me to apply this blush with an angled blush brush like Jen did on her "How to apply Blush" video.

Lastly I am simply too tan for this blush to show up on me. Similar to how my pink Skin 79 BB Cream is for winter when I am at my lightest, this blush is for winter only as well.

Disclaimer: No company came up to me to make all these reviews. I just wanted to write this post for fun. All pictures and links are not mine with the exception of the Peachy-Neutral Post. The videos and pictures linked here belong to their respective owners.

No comments:

Post a Comment