Wednesday, May 15, 2013

May 15, 2013 Empties: 10/75 finished

So I debate with myself whether or not to make this post because it's so near to my birthday and I wanted to make a birthday haul post.

I am debating whether or not to post all the things I want to post in one go or to spread it out over the next couple of weeks. We'll see next Saturday then.

For a while I was worried that I would not have anything to post for this month's empties but one by one I started using up quite a few products. Considering how long it takes to use up a makeup product I am proud that I used up 2 this month.



 #9 Maybelline COLORsensational lip stain in #25 Feelin' Rosy April 22, 2013: There are a few things  that I could say about this product, and I think bullet point is clearest way to go through all my points. The bottom line, however, is that I think I wasted my money on this product.
  • I don't even remember using this product. I think I wore this 10 times at least outside, but it seemed that this product dried out quickly. To be fair, I have this product for over a year.
  • One factor that  makes me not reach out to this product is its smell.There is a strong chemically smell.
  • The color is really nice though. For me, it's my "your lips but a bit darker" color and it evens out my lips for a bit. 
BL: I would not be repurchasing this product again. If Maybelline could bottle up this product like Benefit's Benetint then I would repurchase. 
#10 Physician Formula Eye Definer Felt-Tip Eye Marker 5-7-2013: This is a felt tip eyeliner, a hard felt tip eyeliner I might add. The tip would not budge at all, which may be a good or bad thing depending on how you like your tips. For me, I like it when the tip of my liquid eyeliner moves, it's much easier for me to create a wing.

One thing that I should point out is that it is hard to remove the cap off this thing. I would have to twist and tug on the cap just to take it off and when I do my finger would hit the felt tip.

It has a good staying power though. Even without a powder on top, it still last on my eye all day. There may be some fading, but I could barely recognize it.

BL: I would not be repurchasing this product. I like Physician Formula's Eye Booster eyeliner better. 

Doesn't Count:
Veet Fast Acting Gel Cream Hair Remover for legs and body sensitive formula with Aloe Vera 5/12/2013:
Just for the record, I like to write everything in front of the packaging. This product does exactly what it is supposed to do, it removes hair and it won't come back for at least a week. You must do exactly what the packaging instructed or else it won't work. That means an eighth to a quarter inch thick layer of cream. If your layer of depilatory cream is not thick enough, there would be leftover hair that you have to go over later on. 
BL: Hopefully my epilator would remove the need for putting acid on my legs.

Coppertone Sport Pro Series Broad Spectrum UVA/UVB 15 SPF 5/5/2013- What can I say about this product? it's sunscreen, it's supposed to protect you from harmful rays. I never sunburn, so I couldn't tell you how well it protects. I do tan really easily though, but I haven't been paying attention how dark my arms and legs are getting and that is the only place I apply this product.

How about the application? Well, I think I prefer the spray formula than the squeeze tube formula.  All I need to do is spray and spread.I don't need to worry about applying too much product.
BL: SPF 15 is great for winter, but not for summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment